Orlando Child Support Attorneys

Call Us Today at 407-344-3400

At Brown Law, P.L., we are concerned about your children — just like you. As our client, your interests come first. However, we always consider the needs of your children. That is why we are focused on getting fair support orders.

Our firm will help you through the entire process. If paternity hasn’t been legally established, we will walk you through the process. We will file all necessary legal actions to get you a fair child support order that accurately reflects you and your child’s other parent’s income and provides your children with the resources they need to grow and thrive.

Located in Orlando, Kissimmee, we help mothers and fathers in Orlando/Kissimmee and throughout central Florida obtain, modify and enforce child support orders.

How Is Child Support Calculated?

In Florida, child support is calculated by the state Child Support Guidelines. The guidelines use a formula to determine the amount of support a parent owes. The formula takes the following factors into consideration:

  • The amount of overnight stays the child spends with each parent
  • The financial needs of the child such as day care expenses, medical and dental insurance, and uninsured medical payments
  • The current income of both parents

Determining the income of each parent can be a challenge. Especially when parents do not earn “traditional” incomes but are business owners or earn money through commissions.

As a former business owner, and an MBA, attorney Steen J. Brown knows how to find money. He examines all sources of revenue — including real estate rents, stocks, bonds and dividends — to determine the true amount of income an individual earns and whether or not a forensic accounting is needed.

The result? More fair child support orders.

Modifying Your Child Support

Life is constantly changing. If you or your child’s other parent experience a significant change in income, or your custody arrangement changes, it may be necessary to modify your child support order.

If you lost your job or are earning less than you used to, the worst thing you can do is wait. Until you modify your support order, you will be required to pay what you have been legally ordered to pay — even if you can no longer afford it. Past-due payments won’t go away, even in bankruptcy.

At Brown Law, P.L., we will help you change your child support obligations so they accurately reflect today’s income.

Get The Help You Need. Schedule A Case Evaluation Today.

Child support issues can be extremely complicated. The best way to protect your interests is to consult with an experienced family law lawyer. Get the help you need. Call our office today at 407-344-3400 or contact us online.